- The Joe Rogan Exclusive's producer "Young" Jamie Vernon tested positive for COVID-19, causing Rogan to pause the production of the show. Rogan tested negative.
- Magellan AI's Top 15 Advertisers of Sept. 2020 report is out. Online counseling platform BetterHelp continues to be #1 with Mazda coming in at #2 and home security system provider SimpliSafe at #3.
- Acast teamed up with German journalism platform ThePioneer to launch paid member-only content across all platforms.
- Curioscast has announced its line-up of fall shows. Award-winning true-crime podcast "Crime Beat," hosted by Nancy Hixt, is back for Season 3 today. Here's the latest episode.
- Vurbl.com, a new podcasting platform that will "provide creators with the tools they need to connect with larger audiences," has secured $1.3m in pre-seed funding. Investors include AlphaEdison, Halogen Ventures, and TEN13. The beta waitlist for Vurbl is open now.
- City Cast will be a new "national network of daily local podcasts." Launching in several cities, it will feature a mix of local news with "delightful perspective" of the local communities.
- With the acquisition of Stitcher by SiriusXM complete, Stitcher's podcasts have arrived on Pandora. The shows include "Freakonomics Radio," "SuperSoul Conversations with the Oprah Winfrey Network," and "Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend."
- Chargebee’s Change Summit gathers the world’s leading champions of change including Guy Kawasaki, David Cancel (Drift), and Bill Macaitis (ex Slack). Save your seat.*
*This is sponsored content.
We're hiring! Check out our available positions: