"Podcast advertising is pandemic-proof," as per Westwood One and Magellan AI's 2020 ad analysis.
- While April 2020 saw a dip in ad occurrences (-12%), recovery began in June.
- By September, total podcast ad occurrences were up 58%, as compared to January.
- Podcast ads have a low ratio of ads to content. The study shows that "podcast over-commercialism has not arrived" yet.
- Magellan AI released Really Good Podcast Ads: a curation of podcast ads on which listeners can search for ads by podcast, genre, and brand names.
Resources on Podcast Advertising:
- Podcast hosting platform Buzzsprout released their "Ultimate Guide to Podcast Ads in 2021." The guide covers podcast advertising end-to-end, from definitions to cost structures.
- Sounds Profitable released an article on how to buy host-read ads, "effectively at-scale." The article uses the example of "The Jordan Harbinger Show" which invests nearly $40,000 per month on host-read ads.