Podcast advertising ranks on par with or above other digital channels, per a Podsights Benchmark Report. The report shares insights on conversion, ROI, and listener behavior in podcast advertising.
- Earlier this month, Podsights launched Audience Intel, a listener intelligence tool in partnership with third-party providers Nielsen and Experian. This allows Podsights to present demographic information ranging from basic, such as age and income to advanced such as education and political party.
- Insights from Audience Intel include:
- When indexing occupation by podcast genre, health, sports, and arts seem to be popular genres amongst students while business, sports, and society & culture are enjoyed by government employees. Construction workers enjoy comedy the most.
- When indexing purchase intent by podcast genre, households that intend to buy home insurance enjoy comedy, while those interested in pet stores love society & culture.
- In Q3 2021, 700 brands invested around $150M in podcast advertising. This amount is up 552% from Q3 2020.
- The average conversion rate across all industries advertising is 1.58% – restaurants had the highest conversion rate followed by retail, while pharma ranked the lowest.