6. Stay Tuned with Preet has launched a new membership service called "CAFE Insider" for die-hard fans of the show. Subscribers will enjoy a new commercial-free podcast (called Cafe Insider), quarterly "town calls" with Bharara and other contributors, bonus content, a weekly newsletter and early access to live events. Subscribe here.
7. The Sundance Institute has released Shortscast, a new podcast that reveals the "crazy backstories" behind short films from the Sundance Film Festival. In this interview, Sundance Film Festival senior programmer Mike Plante explains that "hearing the voice behind the film is pretty fun and another layer to a personality of a film."
8. The nominees for the IDA Documentary Awards' audio documentary of the year have been announced. They are: 30 for 30 Podcasts, "Bikram"; Caliphate; Heavyweight, "Jesse"; Latino USA, "The Quevedos"; and season two of Slow Burn (give them a listen!). Ricki Lake will host the awards ceremony on December 8th.
9. Lizzie Widhelm, Pandora's SVP of Ad Innovation, guested on Ad Age's Ad Lib podcast last week. During the discussion she explained why she's "bullish" on podcasts.
10. In his "Reliable Sources" newsletter, CNN's Brian Stelter said that (with the exception of the first couple of minutes) Saturday Night Live's podcast awards ceremony sketch "fell flat." Still, it's worth watching.