1. UK-based Notion Capital launched a new $150 million investment fund for the B2B SaaS industry. With the new Notion Capital Venture Fund IV, the firm's Managing Partner Stephen Chandler said it aims “to become "the 'go to' B2B SaaS investor in Europe. The fund will concentrate on Series A SaaS and enterprise tech, as well as cybersecurity, automation and marketplaces. - TECHCRUNCH
2. CoLab Software has raised $2.7 million in a CAD funding round after a Y Combinator demo day. Spider Capital, Liquid 2, and FundersClub participated in the round, as did existing investors. The company, which offers a cloud-based mechanical issue tracking and design management platform, plans to use the funds to double the size of its team in the next year. "We believe the industrial process automation space, which was pioneered by leaders such as parametric technology in the ’90s, is ripe for disruption and CoLab has the market and product insight to build a platform company," said Michael Neril, managing partner at Spider Capital. - BETAKIT
3. FrontdeskAI, a company that builds artificial intelligence assistants for small businesses, has launched a new SaaS partner program. The new program aims to help SaaS companies increase revenue and customer success by helping them incorporate FrontdeskAI's assistants into their business management programs. FrontdeskAI plans to expand the program vertically next year into a number of markets, including health care and retail. - CHANNEL PARTNERS
4. Cloud-based software provider Deskera says it is releasing a "business super app" that will perform all accounting activities from one's phone for free. It will be able to conduct inventory, create balance sheets, and much more. "Our thesis is that SMEs in this region and India have a fundamental problem when it comes to their business needs and SaaS companies have not been able to solve that. Globally, this will be the first super app for all business needs, and that is the next stage for Deskera,” the company's chief executive Shashank Dixit said. However, while Dixit says the company has global aspirations, it does not plan on proactively working to attract customers in the US market. - DEALSTREETASIA
5. SaaS startup CareStack, which operates a platform for the dental industry, raised $28 million in a Series B funding round. The round was led by Steadview Capital and Delta Dental. CareStack will use the money to expand its services to more dentists as well as hire more team members. - VCC
6. 8base announced its SaaS focused backend-as-a-service is now generally available. The service has been in beta since 2018. In that time period, 8Base says it has been improved the product based on developer feedback while acquiring new customers. - 8BASE
7. Canadian SaaS accelerator L-Spark revealed which startups will be participating in the fall 2019 cohort of its intensive six-month SaaS-focused program. These startups include ClickArmor, F8th, MyPitboard, Neurovine, Nugget.ai, and Reshift. Each startup will receive investments, strategic support, and more from L-Sparks. The program is in its sixth year and has helped over 50 companies raise $45 million. - BETAKIT
Edited by Bobby Cherry, a senior editor at Inside.com who also curates Inside Pittsburgh.