5. MIRA, the twisty skyscraper that's currently under construction at 280 Spear Street, has officially "topped out." Tenants are expected to start moving in by the end of the year. - SOCKETSITE
6. Oakland's fleet of vehicles is going biodiesel. Mayor Libby Schaaf announced Thursday that "grease from French fries at local restaurants may wind up in the city’s fire trucks." - BAY CITY NEWS
7. A political mailer that reads "San Francisco is engaging in something called urban renewal, which means moving the negroes out. It means negro removal," is angering residents. The flier is in opposition to SB50, Senator Scott Wiener's move to increase residential density near transit hubs. - ABC 7
8. Scoot's scooters have been pulled from SF's streets. The company says it is “returning all of our kick scooters to home base” for an “important firmware update” intended to thwart thefts of the conveyances. - SF EXAMINER
9. Follow Friday: Did you know that you can follow 311 on Twitter? No, I don't mean the late-90s band (though, sure), I mean the call center dedicated to most of San Francisco's non-emergency inconveniences. Its main feed is mostly shiny happy events, but its replies are where you find the real juice - as 311 responds to almost every tweeted report, you'll see packed trash cans, sidewalk-bound Ubers, and (brace yourself) dogs on a baseball field. If you like Nextdoor, you'll love 311's replies!
10. Today's SF in Pictures: Instagram user dippednhoneeyy_