Three-quarters of organizations surveyed by security firm Fortinet said they had at least one intrusion/breach attributable to the cybersecurity skills gap. The COVID-19-inspired shift to remote working has made the cybersecurity skills gap even more critical as IT teams struggle to provide employees with remote secure access to systems, the survey found.
More from Fortinet:
- 68% of organizations find it hard to recruit, hire, and retain cybersecurity talent
- 47% of organizations had three or more intrusions/breaches attributable to the cybersecurity skills gap.
- The hardest security position to hire for is cloud security architect.
- 82% of organizations said they prefer to hire candidates with cybersecurity certifications.
- The (ISC)2 Cybersecurity Workforce Study estimates it would take more than 4 million workers to fully close the cybersecurity gap.