Web hosting company GoDaddy revealed 1.2 million users had their emails and customer numbers accessed during a breach. The unauthorized hacker gained access in September, but GoDaddy said it only became aware earlier this month.
- GoDaddy's impacted customers are at a greater risk of receiving phishing emails.
- The company has apologized to users, notified law enforcement, and blocked the attacker from its system.
- It's partnering with an unnamed IT firm to investigate the incident.
- GoDaddy has 20 million users globally.
- 28,000 customers had their personal information compromised in an attack last year.