According to Deadline, the Elisabeth Moss limited series "Candy" will stream on Hulu. The project comes from Universal Content Productions (UCP), a joint venture between Universal Studio Group and 20th Television.
- The series comes from two veterans of Hulu's "The Act": writer and producer Robin Veith, and co-creator Nick Antosca.
- Based on the true story of Candy Montgomery, a mom from Texas who murdered a friend from church, Betty Gore, with an ax.
- Veith -- who was also a writer on the AMC series "Mad Men," which starred Moss -- wrote the pilot script.
- Another "Mad Men" vet -- director Michael Uppendhal -- helmed the pilot episode.
- Hulu recently acquired another UCP true-crime series: "The Girl from Plainville," starring Elle Fanning.