Clubhouse came out of beta, ending its waitlist and invite-only system. Founders Paul Davison and Rohan Seth said the invite-only system was "important" but they have "always wanted Clubhouse to be open."
- Clubhouse usage surged during the pandemic.
- Facebook, Twitter, Spotify, and Discord have all since integrated voice chat rooms and voice events into their platforms.
- Last week, Clubhouse launched Backchannel, a direct messaging product.
- Its team said 10 million messages were sent on its first day of launch, and over 90 million were sent over the first week.
- Having launched exclusively to iOS, Clubhouse introduced an Android app in May.
- Clubhouse said its Android app was downloaded 10 million times in its first two months.