Apple unveiled new MacBook Pros, spatial-audio AirPods, and HomePod mini at an event on Monday. The new MacBooks include an HDMI port, an SD card slot, and MagSafe charging connectivity.
- Apple announced its two new silicon chips, the M1 Pro and the M1 Max. The M1 Pro has up to 32 GB of unified memory and 200 GB/s memory bandwidth, while the Max has up to 64 GB and 400 GB/s. At their peak, the chips have 1.7 times the performance and use 70% less power than the latest 8-core PC chip.
- The new MacBook Pros come in 14-inch and 16-inch versions, with 1,600 nits of peak brightness. The 16-inch MacBook can display 7.7 million pixels, while the 14-inch has a total of 5.9 million.
- The laptops include Thunderbolt 4, HDMI, and SDXC ports, as well as a headphone jack.
- The third-generation Airpods have up to 6 hours of listening time with one charge and up to 30 hours with the charging case.
- Apple also announced an enhanced Find My AirPods feature, with separation alerts if an earphone is out of range.
- The tech hardware company also announced new available colors for the HomePod mini, including blue, orange, and yellow.