- The Butter Thesis: USV’s Nick Grossman discusses the frictionless user experience that defines good products.
- Despite Momentum, Investor Confidence Is Down: Crunchbase reports on The Silicon Valley Venture Capitalist Confidence Index, which reveals concerns about the oversaturation of capital.
- You & Mr. Jones (New York, NY), tech-based marketing platform focusing on the Asia Pacific region: $200M from undisclosed sources. Was valued at $1.3B.
- Perfect Day (Berkeley, CA), milk protein production via microbial fermentation: $140M C led by Temasek, participation from Horizons Ventures.
- Hometap (Boston, MA), platform allowing homeowners to access home equity without debt: $100M from ICONIQ Capital, General Catalyst, G20, Pillar, American Family Ventures.
- HappyEasyGo (Gurugram, India), online travel portal: $49.6M B from Korea Investment Partners, Samsung Venture Investment Corporation, UOB Venture, 10 Fund, CVCapital, Zero2IPO Ventures, M&S Partners.
- Secure Code Warrior (Belgium), online secure coding platform: $47.6M B led by Goldman Sachs, participation from ForgePoint Capital, Cisco Investments, AirTree Ventures, Paladin Capital Group.
- Precision Hawk (Raleigh, NC), AI-based platform to analyze drone-sourced data: $32M from Millennium Technology Value Partners, Third Point Ventures, Eastward Capital Partners, et al.
- Viridi Parente (Buffalo, NY), renewable power systems for heavy machinery and storage applications: $29M B led by Grand Oaks Capital, participation from Impact Capital of New York, Varia Ventures, Western New York Impact Investment Fund, et al.
- Moresc (China), general cybersecurity platform: $28M from Oriental Fortune Capital, Ambrum Capital, et al.
To unlock the content below (one more VC Read, 23 more rounds, the VC Graphs, and the funding breakdown) upgrade to Inside Premium.