- A group of London-based VCs - Floww, Force Over Mass, and Wayra UK - have launched a virtual event aimed at enabling underrepresented founders to gain access to top firms without going through frequently-exclusionary networks. Participants in Access All, which will be held on Sept. 30, include Downing Ventures, Playfair Capital, SpeedInvest, SoftBank, Microsoft, Amazon, Accenture, and O2.
- TikTok has reportedly entered into discussions with the US government to avoid the necessity of selling its entire US business. The move comes after the Chinese government made it more difficult for a US-based buyer to acquire the company’s AI algorithms.
- Video game creation software provider Unity will allow investors to place multiple bids at varying prices during its IPO. The company will then select a price and allocate shares to investors who offered to buy above it, similar to the Dutch action Google used during its IPO.
- Online housing marketplace Opendoor is in advanced talks to merge with SPAC Social Capital Hedosophia Holdings. The combined company would reportedly be valued at $5B. Hedosophia was set up by Social Capital’s Chamath Palihapitiya and raised $360M in April.
- Conga tapped into insights from tech-forward business leaders in order to create this fact-packed report: The State of Digital Document Transformation*
*This is sponsored content.