Best of Last Week
- Cloud communications platform Twilio will buy customer data startup Segment, $3.2B.
- Chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices is in advanced talks to buy rival Xilinx. The deal could be valued at more than $30B, making it the largest consolidation in the industry so far.
- Italian payments providers Nexi and SIA are set to merge, creating a new entity with potentially €1.8B ($2B) in revenue across Europe.
- Accenture bought two new companies: industrial operations consulting firm Myrtle Consulting Group, terms undisclosed; consulting platform Avenai, terms undisclosed.
- UK-based equity crowdsourcing platforms Crowdcube and Seedrs will merge. £2B ($2.6B) in total equity has been raised on the combined platforms since 2011.
- Self-driving industrial vehicle producer Seegrid Corporation acquired mobile robotics startup focused on LiDAR Box Robotics, terms undisclosed.
- Digital risk protection platform ZeroFox bought competitor Cyveillance, terms undisclosed.
- French logistics visibility platform Shippeo acquired competitor oPhone, terms undisclosed.
- AI-based identity platform Jumio will purchase AML platform Beam Solutions, terms undisclosed.
- Analytics platform for CPG companies IRI acquired supply chain solutions for CPG manufacturers and retailers Retail Solutions, terms undisclosed.
- Social Capital’s Hedosophia Holdings III will merge with Medicare insurer Clover Health, valuing the company at $3.7B. That figure includes $1.2B in cash proceeds.
- Chinese video platform Bilibili is reportedly preparing for a secondary listing in Hong Kong to raise between $1B and $1.5B next year. The company is currently listed on the Nasdaq.
- TikTok rival Triller is planning to go public via a SPAC deal.
- Electric vehicle startup Faraday Future is negotiating a reverse-merger with a SPAC to go public.
- Chinese ride-hailing service Dida Chuxing will reportedly seek to raise $300M-$500M in an IPO.
- Cybersecurity platform Telos filed for a $242M IPO.
- Credit rating platform Affirm confidentially filed for an IPO. It was most recently valued at $3B, but that figure could rise to $10B during the offering.
- Car insurance provider Root filed for a $100M IPO.
- Chinese fintech lender Lufax filed for a $100M US IPO.
- Customer acquisition services for insurance companies MediaAlpha filed to raise $100M in an IPO.
- Mobile app and gaming company AppLovin hired Morgan Stanley to lead its preparations for an IPO.
Today's Funding 💸
- Lark Health (Mountain View, CA), chronic disease prevention and management platform: $55M C led by King River Capital, participation from Franklin Templeton, SteelSky Ventures, Olive Tree Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, et al. The company also raised $15M in debt.
- Priothera (Dublin, Ireland), orally applied sphingosine 1 phosphate receptor modulators for haematological malignancies: $35.4M (€30M) A led by Fountain Healthcare Partners, participation from HealthCap, Tekla Capital Management, EarlyBird Venture Capital.
- Heartbeat Medical (Germany), patient-reported outcome data platform: $5.9M A led by btov Partners, participation from HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, High-Tech Gründerfonds.
- Newlight Technologies (Huntington Beach, CA), ocean-degradable biopolymer: $45M F led by Valedor Partners, participation from GrayArch Partners.
- Myntra (Bengaluru, India), online clothing retailer: $103M Corporate from FK Myntra Holdings.
- Sweetheart Kitchen (Dubai), cloud kitchen operator: $17.7M (€15M) C led by Peter Schatzberg.
- Juggernaut (New York, NY), Southeast Asian online news platform: $3M Seed led by Precursor Ventures.
- Pro Football Doc (San Diego, CA), sports injury assessments for fantasy sports players: $1M Seed from undisclosed sources.
- deepwatch (Washington, DC), managed security services: $53M B led by Goldman Sachs, participation from ABS Capital Partners.
- Edgify (London, UK), edge computing for connected cars, checkout lanes, etc.: $6.5M Seed from Octopus Ventures, Mangrove Capital Partners.
- GetSetUp (San Francisco, CA), P2P online social learning platform for older adults: $10M led by ReThink Education, participation from AME Cloud Ventures, Work Play Ventures, Sweat Equity Ventures, David Ko, John Danner, Dan Rosensweig, Jeff Alter, Bradley Horowitz, et al.
- Yotascale (Menlo Park, CA), cloud cost management software platform: $13M B led by Felicis Ventures, participation from Crosslink Capital, Pelion Ventures, Engineering Capital.
- Anchanto (Singapore), e-commerce SaaS platform: $12.2M (S$16.6M) C from Asendia, MDI Ventures.
- JobGet (Boston, MA), mobile Job platform for hourly workers: $2.1M Seed led by Pillar VC, participation from Data Point Capital Partners, Crocker Mountain Capital, EO Ventures, Greg Donoghue, Anna Marie Wagner.
- GoGet (Malaysia), on-demand worker platform: $2M A led by Monk’s Hill Ventures.
- Kama (London, UK), sexual wellness app for women: $3M Seed from Female Founders Fund, January Ventures.
- Clair (New York, NY), paycheck advancement platform for hourly workers: $4.5M Seed led by Upfront Ventures, participation from Founder Collective, Walkabout Ventures.
- Donut Lab (San Francisco, CA), multiplayer shooter mobile game for kids: $1.6M led by Level-Up.
- NAG Studios (Stockholm, Sweden), competitive gaming and streaming platform: $1M Pre-Seed led by LVP, participation from Antler.
- Flash Express (Bangkok, Thailand), logistics for e-commerce firms: $200M D led by PTT Oil, Retail Business Public Company Limited.
- Snapdocs (San Francisco, CA), digital mortgage process/paperwork management platform: $60M C led by YC Continuity, participation from Sequoia Capital, F-Prime Capital, Founders Fund, Lachy Groom, et al.
- Miko (India), robots designed to make connections with children: $3.13M (INR 23 Crore) Pre-B led by Stride Ventures, participation from Chiratae Ventures, YourNest Capital, Mr. Keshav Murugesh.
Did you enjoy reading about all of today's funding in one place? The funding roundup is only available to free users on Tuesdays and Fridays. Upgrade to Inside VC Premium for either $10/month or $100 billed annually to receive the full list in every issue! For a limited time, we are offering a 14-day free trial. Click here to sign up!