- The company raised $200m at $17.7b last month and is reportedly planning to go public at a valuation of $30b.
- Instacart started as a grocery delivery service provider but has forged partnerships with companies like Walmart, Sephora, and 7-Eleven. The company’s order volume has increased by 500% this year.
- Its investors include Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and General Catalyst.
- Instacart’s valuation over the years:
- 2014 - $2b
- 2017 - $3.41b
- 2018 - $7.87b
- Oct 2020 - $17.7b
- The company reported revenue of $1.9b, and a loss of $167m, for the nine months ended September. For the same period last year, it reported a revenue of $586m and a loss of $533m.
- Among food delivery companies, DoorDash leads the U.S. market share with 49% compared to 22% for Uber Eats and 20% for GrubHub.
- Its investors include Softbank, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
- DoorDash’s valuation over the years:
- 2016 - $717m
- 2018 - $4b
- 2019 - $12.7b
- Jun 2020 - $16b