Best of Last Week
- Online dating company Match Group announced the acquisition of South Korean social-media company Hyperconnect for $1.73B, cash-and-stock.
- Real estate platform Zillow Group will acquire home-showing facilitation software provider ShowingTime for $500M. The deal is Zillow’s second-largest acquisition to date. ShowingTime had only raised $2.2M prior to the deal.
- Late-stage security startup SentinelOne will acquire high-speed logging startup Scalyr for $155M, cash-and-stock.
- Enterprise data connectivity platform LiveRamp acquired encrypted data handling platform DataFleets for $68M. DataFleets had only raised $4.5M in a seed round last fall prior to the deal.
- Microsoft reportedly proposed an acquisition of Pinterest. Talks are no longer active and were allegedly bogged down by Pinterest’s soaring stock price, which currently values it at $51B.
- Microfulfillment network GoPuff will acquire U.K.-based competitor Fancy Delivery, terms undisclosed.
- Monitoring and security platform Datadog acquired two companies: Timber Technologies, developer of a vendor-agnostic data pipeline; Sqreen, a SaaS-based security platform.
- Canadian cloud data backup solution provider Rewind will acquire BackHub, a German Backup-as-a-Service (BaaS) software for GitHub repositories, terms undisclosed.
- Dating app Bumble’s stock opened up 77% at $76 during its first day of trading. The company now has a market cap of $7.7B, and raised $2.15B by issuing 50 million shares.
- Nigerian media company IROKO plans to debut on the London Stock Exchange sometime in the next year. It seeks to raise between $20M and $30M at a $80M-$100M valuation.
- Adtech platform Viant saw its 10 million shares jump 90% to $47.72 during its first day of trading.
- Archer Aviation, which is developing electric aircraft for urban use, raised $1.1B during its merger with SPAC Atlas Crest Investment Corp. The company is now valued at $3.8B.
- Spatial data company Matterport will go public via a merger with SPAC Gores Holdings VI, valuing the company at $2.9B and providing it with a total of $650M in fresh capital.
- Reid Hoffman and Mark Pincus are closing in on a merger of their $690M SPAC Reinvent Technology Partners with flying taxi developer Joby Aviation at a $5.7B.
- Blockchain lending startup Figure Technologies will set up a proprietary SPAC and is seeking to raise $250M.
- A Place for Rover, a pet sitting startup, will go public via a merger with Nebula Caravel Acquisition Corp, valuing the company at $1.3B.
- Clarios car battery maker is aiming to go public in a deal valuing it at $20B.
Today's Funding 💸
- Sagimet Biosciences (San Matero, Calif.), therapeutics to treat diseases, such as the liver disease NASH: $80M from Ascletis, Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, et al.
- HemoShear Therapeutics (Charlottesville, N.C.), treatments for rare metabolic disorders: $40M A led by Suvretta Capital, participation from Janus Henderson Investors, Adage Capital Management, et al.
- Q'Apel (Fremont, Calif.), novel access device technology for vascular interventions: $22M C from River Cities Capital, Soleus Capital, Research Corporation Technologies.
- GeneQuine (Hamburg, Germany), gene therapy for musculoskeletal disorders: $9M A led by Pacira BioSciences, participation from High-Tech Gründerfonds, Noshaq SA, Samum Vermögensverwaltung.
- Synthetix (Australia), decentralized trading platform: $12M from Coinbase Ventures, Paradigm, IOSG.
- Maisonette (New York, N.Y.), online children's products retail market: $30M B led by G Squared, participation from NEA, Thrive Capital, et al.
- Ratio (Singapore), franchise robotics lounge/cafe: $10M A led by Fraser Property.
- Jigsaw (U.K.), dating app focused on non-superficial interactions: $3.7M (£2.7M) Seed from The Relationship Corp.
- Pencil (Mumbai, India), online publishing platform: $1M Pre-A led by SOSV, participation from Inflection Point Ventures, Artesian.
- Eupheus Learning (Delhi, India), B2B home learning solutions: $4.1M B from United Education Company, Al Rayan Holding Company.
- ProcessMaker (Durham, N.C.), low-code open source process automation platform: $45M A from Capital Partners.
- Base Operations (Washington, D.C.), physical security services for international enterprise: $2.2M Seed led by Good Growth Capital, participation from Magma Partners, First In Capital, Gaingels, First Round Capital.
- KreditBee (India), lending platform for previously underserved consumers: $75M C from Premji Invest, Mirae Asset Naver Asia Growth Fund, Alpine Capital, Arkam Ventures.
- Flexxpay (Dubai), wage-access platform: $3M Pre-A from JIMCO, et al.
- Raqamyah (Saudi Arabia), P2P lending platform: $2.3M led by Impact46, participation from Vision Ventures, Mad’a Investment, Alyusur Company, Fadeed Investment, et al.
- Nature's Fynd (Chicago, Ill.), fungus-based non-dairy cream cheese and meatless breakfast patties: $150M Equity/Debt from Generation Investment Management, Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
- Protix (Netherlands), insect farming platform: $19M (€15.5M) from Aqua-Spark. Rabo Corporate Investments, Brabant Development Company, Invest-NL.
- New Age Meats (Berkely, Calif.), cultivated and plant-based meat: $2M Seed from Litani Ventures, ff VC, SOSV, Innovating Capital, San Diego Tech Coast Angels, BeniVC, Oceanic Partners, Deep Ventures, Climate Capital, et al.
- Redwing Labs (Bengaluru, India), drone-based healthcare logistics: $1M led by ITI Growth Opportunities Fund.
Did you enjoy reading about all of today's funding in one place? The funding roundup is only available to free users on Tuesdays and Fridays. Upgrade to Inside VC Premium for either $10/month, or $100 billed annually, to receive the full list in every issue! For a limited time, we are offering a 14-day free trial. Click here to sign up!