Plant-based food startup NotCo raised a $235M Series D at a $1.5B valuation, making it a unicorn. NotCo has four vegan meat and dairy product lines that are sold in six countries, including the U.S., Argentina, and Brazil.
- Jeff Bezos and athletes Lewis Hamilton and Roger Federer participated in the round that Tiger Global led.
- NotCo has now raised $360M since its inception in 2015.
- Plant-based food startups raised $1.7B in 2020.
- NotCo founder Matías Muchnick says revenue will quadruple this year, but he didn't share exact numbers.
- The funds will be used to expand its product line, double its workforce to 200 by 2023, and enter new markets such as Canada.
- The global alternative meat, seafood, dairy, and eggs market will be worth $290B by 2035.