- This fintech startup answered 9 of the most common questions employees have about startup stock options.*
- Tencent's share price dropped 5.7% on Monday after a weekend announcement by Chinese regulators that it must end its exclusive music streaming rights within 30 days. The State Administration of Market Regulation said Tencent, which owns over 80% of exclusive music streaming rights in China, was violating anti-monopoly rules.
- New regulations in China's booming education industry have hurt Chinese ed-tech companies, with the NYSE share price of Gaotu Techedu Inc. falling by 70% on Monday.
- Glyphic Biotechnologies raised $6M in a seed round led by OMX Ventures. Glyphic, which claims that its technology can revolutionize research in protein sequencing, will base its operations at the Bakar Labs biotech incubator in Berkeley, California.
- Used clothing e-retailer ThredUp will acquire Bulgarian competitor Remix Global AD for $28.5M.