NBA Top Shot creator Dapper Labs has raised $250M in a round led by Coatue. The investment will give the NFT platform a post-money valuation of $7.6B.
- In addition to the popular digital collectible marketplace NBA Top Shot, Dapper has also developed a new blockchain called Flow.
- Google recently partnered with Dapper Labs to help scale the Flow blockchain.
- NBA Top Shot currently has 1.1 million registered users.
- Over $780M has been traded so far on NBA Top Shot.
- Existing investors Andreessen Horowitz, GV, and Version One Ventures as well as new investors BOND and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation (GIC) also joined in on the funding round.
- Fellow sports-focused NFT marketplace Sorare just raised $680M at a $4.3B valuation following a partnership with Spanish soccer league La Liga.