Are you looking to raise capital for your startup?
Avoid these five fundraising mistakes:
A complicated pitch deck.
- The average VC spends ~3 minutes on a pitch deck.
- Communicate your vision as quickly and simply as possible.
Taking it personally.
- You will hear hundreds of noes.
- You only need a few to say yes.
Not fully committing.
- Fundraising will take time away from operating your business. Accept that.
- Founders that commit to a short-term fundraising sprint almost always fare better.
- Do NOT tell investors who else you have been talking to.
- The best position is to when you are in control of the information flow.
- It isn't over until the money hits your bank account.