Known leaker WalkingCat has shared more apparent images of the Oculus Quest 2, which he claims will be released on Sept. 15. The images show a mostly white slimmed-down headset and potentially no IPD slider.
- You can check out more images from WalkingCat here and here. More images also appeared from other users on Reddit and Twitter.
- Previous reports have speculated that the second-gen Quest would come out in 2021.
- Tech Radar's David Nield describes the new Quest as "more aesthetically pleasing," with white and pink replacing the first model's black. It's rumored to have a lens upgrade and more ergonomic controllers, he notes.
- The Quest 2 will reportedly be 10-15% lighter and have a higher screen refresh rate of 90Hz, versus 60Hz for the original version.
- Mass production is set to begin on a new Facebook Oculus VR headset later this month.