CD Projekt is working on a Pokémon Go-Esque AR mobile game that's set in "The Witcher" universe. "The Witcher: Monster Slayer" lets players explore the real world while tracking, studying, and fighting monsters in AR. The free-to-play game will be released for iOS and Android later this year.
- Instead of catching Pokémon with a Poké ball, players will slay monsters and earn trophies, similar to the character Geralt from "The Witcher."
- They can train characters, brew potions and oils, and select weapons to fight creatures.
- The game will require location data for gameplay.
- Developer Spokko was established by CD Projekt in 2018 specifically for mobile games.
What fans are saying:
- "I always thought Pokémon was a little on stupid side, so never got in to it. Now an AR game I might actually like, and from a trusted developer." - @jshand1981
- "OMG! I hope that we will be able to play it really soon (and not waiting weeks and months, please!)" - @bone0666
- "The witcher 3 made me stay inside. This probably will make me stay outside." - @skyline476