A VR version of the psychological horror game "Blair Witch" is coming to the Oculus Quest on October 29. The $30 VR edition includes a new control system and mechanics like petting and fetching for canine companion Bullet.
- "Blair Witch: Oculus Quest Edition" is set in the world of the 1999 horror film. Players play as former police officer Ellis, who searches for a boy who's gone missing in the Black Hills Forest.
- Developer Bloober Team redesigned the game, already out for PS4, Xbox, and PC, to have greater interactivity, higher resolution, and "new creature encounters.” It'll release the game shortly after the Oculus Quest 2 starts shipping on Oct. 13.
- The VR game allows players to throw and stack objects and draw on the map. Many reviews focus on the fact you can now pet Bullet, as well as play fetch and feed him treats.
- Bloober, which also released "Layers of Fear VR" last year, is also working on supernatural horror game "The Medium," due out for release later this year.
- The developer plans to release the game on more VR platforms in the coming months.