Xiaomi teased a smart glasses concept with a MicroLED display, 5MP camera, and AR support. The Chinese company doesn't plan to actually sell the glasses. Rather, they're “an engineer’s look into an advanced future," affirming Xiaomi's AR ambitions.
- Unlike Facebook and Ray-Ban's smart glasses, Xiaomi's wearable has a display to overlay AR content into the wearer's view.
- The device connects to smartphones to show messages, maps, directions, and phone calls, which are accessible through its mic and speakers.
- They don't, however, require a constant phone connection as an "independent Android device."
- Its monochrome MicroLED system has a higher pixel density, simpler structure, and longer lifespan than OLED.
- At 51 grams, they weigh slightly more than Facebook's Ray-Ban Stories.