VR Education Holdings, a collaborative VR platform creator, reported an 83% jump in revenue during the first half of the year. The Irish company's Engage platform for virtual meetings and events now has 130+ commercial customers.
- Revenue reached €1.25M ($1.48M) in H1 2021, compared to €681,000 ($805,000) in H1 2020. Pre-tax losses were €1.3M ($1.54M).
- Engage is used by Fortune 500 companies as a communications platform for collaboration, simulated training, virtual events, and education.
- The company has signed deals with the UAE to bring its Engage platform to the Middle East.
- HTC is also selling its Engage product, Vive Sessions, in a software bundle for the VIVE Focus 3 headset in China.
- VR Education raised €9M (~$10.7M) this year to launch its corporate metaverse inspired by "Ready Player One."
- Called Engage Oasis, the virtual world will allow businesses, professionals, and students to connect and sell their own products and services.