ICYMI: Firesprite Studios is developing a "Horizon" VR game that will release for the future PS5 VR headset. PlayStation Studios just acquired U.K.-based studio Firesprite, developer of VR horror game "The Persistence."
- The game will be entirely new rather than a VR port, said Nick Baker, co-founder of XboxEra.
- “I didn’t get told if it’s a full-blown game like Half-Life: Alyx, or if it’s an 'experience,'" such as Batman Arkham VR, he told the XboxEra podcast.
- It's reportedly set within the "Horizon: Zero Dawn" universe.
- A February job posting said Firesprite was hiring for a future PSVR spinoff based on a "globally recognized multi-million selling action RPG."
- VRFocus speculates it will help Sony prepare for its next-gen PS5 VR headset launch in 2022.