6. Two notable security-related mergers recently: First, eSentire announced the acquisition of Versive. Then Rapid7, who acquired Metasploit several years on this date announced it acquired tCell.io, Inc., for its RASP applications. Terms weren’t disclosed on either events.
7. Real-world telemetry from industrial networks shows unpatchable Windows systems, firmware with open access, and other IoT vulnerabilities. -- CYBERX REPORT (reg. req.)
8. The UK supermarket chain Morrison’s lost its latest appeal about damages resulting from a data leak from a malicious insider. They have one more appeal left in a higher court. -- INFOSECURITY MAG
9. An academic study, from Indiana University researchers, about password complexity has found that the higher the prescribed minimum length of a password, the lower the likelihood that it would be reused on another site. -- ACADEMIC PRE-PRINT
10. Here are some great suggestions on how to use MITRE’s ATT&CK red-team framework to improve your defensive posture. I wrote an article for CSOonline that describes the tool for beginners. -- MALCOM VETTER @ MEDIUM